Seafood Seasoning Recipes
She Crab Soup
This She Crab Soup features a rich and flavorful broth infused with the Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, creating a delightful blend of spices and hoppy notes. The addition of fresh crab meat adds sweetness and a delicious seafood element. Enjoy this comforting soup as an appetizer or a main course, and savor the unique combination of flavors.
|1/4 cup unsalted butter||4 cups seafood or fish stock|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour||1 cup heavy cream|
|1 small onion finely; chopped||1 cup milk|
|2 celery stalks finely; chopped||1 pound fresh crab meat; picked over for shells|
|1 carrot, finely; chopped||2 tablespoons sherry (optional)|
|2 cloves garlic; minced||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|1 Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning Packet||Fresh parsley; chopped, for garnish|
1. Prepare the Roux: In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
Stir in the flour to create a roux. Cook, stirring constantly, until the roux achieves a golden brown color.
2. Sauté Vegetables: Add chopped onion, celery, carrot, and minced garlic to the pot. Sauté until the vegetables are softened.
3. Add Seafood Seasoning: Stir in the Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning Packet, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
4. Pour in Stock and Simmer: Gradually add the seafood or fish stock to the pot, stirring continuously to avoid lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
5. Incorporate Cream and Milk: Pour in the heavy cream and milk. Stir well to combine.
6. Add Crab Meat: Gently fold in the fresh crab meat, being careful not to break up the crab too much. Allow the soup to simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Season and Finish: Add sherry if using, and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Blackened Shrimp Tacos
These Blackened Shrimp Tacos are a delightful fusion of bold flavors and succulent shrimp, elevated by the aromatic blend of Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning. This quick and easy recipe brings together the smoky, spicy notes of the seasoning with perfectly cooked shrimp, all encased in warm tortillas and topped with a zesty slaw for a truly satisfying taco experience. This recipe yields approximately 4 servings.
|1 1/2 lbs large shrimp; peeled and deveined||1/2 cup shredded carrots|
|2 tbsp olive oil||1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 1/2 oz Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning packet||1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|8 small flour or corn tortillas||1 tbsp lime juice|
|For the Slaw:||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|2 cups shredded cabbage|
1. Prepare the Shrimp: In a large mixing bowl, toss the shrimp with olive oil and Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning until evenly coated.
2. Blacken the Shrimp: Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
Add the seasoned shrimp to the hot pan, spreading them out to ensure even cooking.
Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until the shrimp are opaque and slightly blackened.
3. Make the Slaw: In a separate bowl, combine shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss until well coated.
4. Warm the Tortillas: In the same pan used for the shrimp, warm the tortillas for about 20-30 seconds on each side or until they are pliable.
5. Assemble the Tacos: Place a spoonful of the slaw on each tortilla.
Top with the blackened shrimp.
6. Serve: Garnish with extra cilantro, lime wedges, or your favorite toppings.
Parmesan Risotto with Blackened Shrimp
Savory and creamy Parmesan risotto with a twist of flavor from Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning.
|For the Risotto:||Salt and black pepper; to taste|
|1 cup Arborio rice||2 tbsp Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning|
|4 cups chicken or vegetable broth||For the Shrimp:|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese||1 lb large shrimp; peeled and deveined|
|2 tbsp unsalted butter||Remaining Hop Barons Blackened Seasoning|
|1/4 cup diced onion||1 tbsp olive oil|
|1 clove garlic; minced||Salt and black pepper; to taste|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix the shrimp with Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Spread the shrimp on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add the Arborio rice to the pan and stir to coat with the butter. Toast the rice for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Add the white wine to the pan and stir until the liquid has been absorbed.
Gradually add the chicken or vegetable broth to the pan, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the liquid has been absorbed before adding more.
Stir in the Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning along with the last addition of broth.
Once the risotto is cooked (about 20-25 minutes), stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Divide the risotto into bowls and top with the blackened shrimp.
Elevate your grilled salmon experience with the tantalizing flavors of Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning. This easy-to-follow recipe combines the richness of salmon with the aromatic blend of spices from Hop Barons, resulting in a dish that's not only delicious but also a celebration of seafood at its finest. This recipe yields four servings, making it perfect for a family dinner or a gathering with friends.
Yield: 4 Servings
|4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|1/2 cup olive oil||Lemon wedges (for serving)|
|1 packet Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning|
1. Preheat the Grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Ensure the grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
2. Prepare the Salmon:Pat salmon fillets dry and set aside. In a bowl, combine olive oil, Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, salt, and pepper to create a marinade.
3. Marinate the Salmon: Brush the salmon fillets with the marinade, coating both sides. Allow them to marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.
4. Grill the Salmon: Place marinated salmon fillets on the preheated grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until easily flaked with a fork.
5. Baste with Marinade (Optional): Optionally, baste the salmon with leftover marinade during grilling for extra flavor.
6. Serve: Transfer grilled salmon to a platter and garnish with lemon wedges.
7. Optional: Sides and Garnishes: Serve over mixed greens or with your preferred sides. Consider adding a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and chopped herbs.
8. Enjoy: Serve the grilled salmon hot, allowing everyone to savor the delightful combination of perfectly grilled salmon and the distinctive Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning.
Hop Barons Seafood Delight
Embark on a culinary journey with the exquisite Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, elevating the flavors of a medley of seafood delights. This recipe, designed to serve four, marries the richness of various seafood selections with the aromatic and zesty notes of Hop Barons. Perfect for a special dinner or a seafood celebration, this dish promises to delight your taste buds with every bite.
Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pound large shrimp; peeled and deveined||1 packet Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning|
|1 pound sea scallops||2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 pound firm white fish fillets (such as cod or halibut); cut into bite-sized pieces||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)|
1. Prepare the Seafood: Ensure all seafood is cleaned, deveined, and patted dry. Cut fish fillets into bite-sized pieces for easy grilling.
2. Marinate the Seafood: In a large bowl, combine the seafood with olive oil, Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, and lemon juice. Toss gently to coat evenly. Allow the seafood to marinate for at least 20 minutes to absorb the flavors.
3. Preheat the Grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat, ensuring the grates are clean and lightly oiled.
4. Skewer the Seafood: Thread the marinated shrimp, scallops, and fish onto skewers, alternating for variety and even cooking.
5. Grill the Seafood: Place the skewers on the preheated grill. Grill for approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until the seafood is cooked through and has a light char.
6. Baste with Additional Marinade (Optional): Optionally, brush the skewers with any remaining marinade during grilling for an extra burst of flavor.
7. Season to Perfection: Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over the grilled seafood skewers. The Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning will provide a robust flavor, so adjust seasoning according to personal preference.
8. Garnish and Serve: Transfer the grilled seafood skewers to a serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley for a burst of color and freshness.
Transform your seafood gathering into a culinary adventure with this delectable Hop Barons Seafood Dip. Bursting with the rich and aromatic flavors of Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, this dip is a crowd-pleaser that pairs perfectly with crackers, bread, or vegetable sticks. With a yield of approximately 2 cups, it's an ideal addition to your appetizer spread.
|8 ounces cream cheese; softened||1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1 cup mayonnaise||1 cup mixed seafood (shrimp; crab, or lobster), cooked and chopped|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese||Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)|
|1 packet Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning||Assorted crackers; bread, or vegetable sticks for serving|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
1. Prepare the Creamy Base: In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
2. Add the Seafood: Gently fold in the chopped mixed seafood, ensuring an even distribution throughout the dip.
3. Chill the Dip: Cover the bowl and refrigerate the seafood dip for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld and the dip to firm up.
4. Garnish (Optional): Before serving, garnish the dip with fresh parsley for a pop of color and added freshness.
5. Serve: Transfer the Hop Barons Seafood Dip to a serving bowl. Arrange assorted crackers, bread, or vegetable sticks around the bowl for dipping.
Salmon Salad Spread
Indulge in a delectable seafood experience with the Hop Barons Seafood Salad Spread. This easy-to-make recipe combines the convenience of canned salmon with the bold and savory notes of Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, resulting in a flavorful spread that's perfect for sandwiches or as a delightful cracker dip.
|4 cooked salmon filets||1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|1 1/2 oz Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise||Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)|
|1/4 cup celery finely diced||Crackers bread; or sandwich rolls for serving|
|2 tablespoons red onion finely diced|
1. Prepare the Seafood Salad: In a mixing bowl, combine the drained canned salmon, Hop Barons Seafood Seasoning, mayonnaise, diced celery, diced red onion, and fresh lemon juice.
2. Mix and Season: Gently fold the ingredients together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Chill: Cover the bowl and refrigerate the seafood salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
4. Garnish (Optional): Before serving, garnish the seafood salad with fresh parsley for a burst of color and added freshness.
5. Serve: Spoon the Hop Barons Seafood Salad onto crackers, bread, or sandwich rolls.