Hoppy Fish and Chips
Hoppy Fish and Chips is a classic and comforting dish with a twist. The unique and flavorful Hop Barons Fish Fry adds an extra layer of flavor and texture to the crispy and golden brown fish, while the baked French fries are the perfect accompaniment. This recipe is easy to prepare and a great option for a satisfying and flavorful meal that the whole family will love.
Yield: 4 servings
|1 lb cod or haddock fillets||Vegetable oil; for frying|
|1 1/2 cup Hop Barons Fish Fry||1 lb frozen French fries|
|1/2 cup beer (any type will work)|
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the frozen French fries in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake according to the package instructions.
2. While the French fries are cooking, prepare the fish. Cut the cod or haddock fillets into 3-4 inch pieces and set them aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the Hop Barons Fish Fry
4. Add the beer to the bowl and stir until the batter is smooth and has no lumps.
5. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
6. Dip each piece of fish into the batter mixture, making sure to coat them evenly.
7. Using a slotted spoon, carefully drop the battered fish into the hot oil. Fry the fish in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pot. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, or until the fish is golden brown and crispy.
8. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fish from the oil and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
9. Serve the fish hot with the baked French fries and your favorite dipping sauce.