Crispy Beer-Battered Onions
These Crispy Beer-Battered Onions are a delicious and unique twist on classic onion rings. The onions are coated in a batter made with Hop Barons Fish Fry and beer, which gives them a flavorful and crispy coating. The combination of spices in the batter, such as paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder, adds an extra layer of flavor to the onions.
The onions are then fried until golden brown and crispy, creating a satisfying crunch with each bite. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for a game day snack or a side dish for your next meal. Serve them hot with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy the delicious flavors and textures of these Crispy Beer-Battered Onions.
Yield: 4 servings
|2 medium-sized onions||1/2 cup beer (any type will work)|
|1 cup Hop Barons Fish Fry||Vegetable oil; for frying|
1. Begin by peeling and slicing the onions into thin rings. Separate the rings and set them aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the Hop Barons Fish Fry.
3. Add the beer to the bowl and stir until the batter is smooth and has no lumps.
4. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F.
5. Dip the onion rings into the batter mixture, making sure to coat them evenly.
6. Using a slotted spoon, carefully drop the battered onion rings into the hot oil. Fry the onions in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pot. Fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown and crispy.
7.Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the oil and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
8. Serve the crispy beer-battered onions immediately, with your favorite dipping sauce.