Spicy Tomato Ketchup
Elevate your taste buds with our Spicy Hop Barons Ketchup! This zesty and flavorful condiment combines the bold kick of Hop Barons Spicy Seasoning with the classic tanginess of ketchup, creating a condiment that's perfect for those who crave a bit of heat.
The Hop Barons Spicy Seasoning Packet, with its unique blend of brown sugar, Himalayan salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, habanero powder, black pepper, white pepper, oregano, Sky High Hops Cascade hops, cayenne pepper, and cumin, adds layers of complexity to this spicy ketchup.
Whether you're dipping, drizzling, or spreading, our Spicy Hop Barons Ketchup is the ideal companion for your favorite snacks and grilled delights. Spice up your culinary adventures with this bold and flavorful condiment that's sure to leave a lasting impression on your taste buds.
|2 cans (28 oz each) whole peeled tomatoes
|1 cup brown sugar
|1 large onion; chopped
|1 1/2 oz Hop Barons Spicy Seasoning Packet
|1 cup apple cider vinegar
|1 teaspoon salt
1. Prepare the Canned Tomatoes: In a large pot, combine the canned tomatoes (with the liquid) and chopped onions.
2. Cook the Tomato Base: Simmer over medium heat until the tomatoes break down and the onions are soft, stirring occasionally.
3. Strain the Mixture: Pass the cooked tomatoes and onions through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any remaining seeds and skins. Collect the strained liquid in a bowl.
4. Cook the Ketchup: Return the strained liquid to the pot. Add apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Hop Barons Spicy Seasoning Packet and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer until it thickens to a ketchup-like consistency, stirring occasionally.
5. Adjust Seasoning: Taste the ketchup and adjust the seasoning to your preference. Add more Hop Barons Spicy Seasoning if you desire additional heat.
6. Cool and Store: Allow the spicy tomato ketchup to cool to room temperature. Pour it into sterilized bottles or jars, and refrigerate. The flavors will continue to meld as it chills.
7. Serve: Enjoy your homemade Spicy Hop Barons Tomato Ketchup with a variety of dishes like burgers, fries, or as a flavorful dipping sauce.