Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Transform your kitchen into a haven of mouthwatering aromas with this easy and flavorful Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe. The convenience of the slow cooker allows the pork to become irresistibly tender as it soaks up the robust flavors of Hop Barons Pork Seasoning. With a yield of approximately 8 servings, this recipe is perfect for feeding a crowd or for having delicious leftovers.
|4-5 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt; trimmed of excess fat||1/2 cup apple cider vinegar|
|1 packet Hop Barons Pork Seasoning||1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 large onion thinly sliced||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|4 cloves garlic; minced||8 hamburger buns or your favorite sandwich rolls|
|1 cup chicken broth||Coleslaw for serving (optional)|
1. Season the Pork: Rub the pork shoulder or pork butt with Hop Barons Pork Seasoning, ensuring it is evenly coated on all sides.
2. Layer in the Slow Cooker: Place the sliced onions and minced garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker. Lay the seasoned pork on top.
3. Prepare the Braising Liquid: In a bowl, whisk together chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour Braising Liquid Over Pork: Pour the prepared braising liquid over the pork in the slow cooker.
5. Slow Cook: Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the pork is tender and easily shreds with a fork.
6. Shred the Pork: Once cooked, use two forks to shred the pork directly in the slow cooker, allowing it to absorb the flavorful juices.
7. Serve: Spoon the pulled pork onto hamburger buns or sandwich rolls. Top with coleslaw if desired.